This is an up-to-date Minetest change-log for power users and developers.
1. Binary packages:
* Add a 64-bit Linux binaries ZIP file
* Add "small" versions of the binaries ZIP files
2. Core engine changes:
* Change "shaders" default back to "true"
* Port commit: Don't apply "slippery" when swimming
* Sync statbars code with Old Minetest
* Integrate some CSM fixes
3. "_game" changes:
* default:ice - Adjust groups
* default:ice - Register slabs and stairs
* Add Cave Ice and "icesheet" biome
* default - Bug fix that should improve speed
4. Build kits:
* Linux: Improve "build" script (mtcompile-program.sh)
* Linux: Add a cleanup script (mtcleanup-program.sh)
* Linux: Document how to build a portable Linux package
* Windows: Improve documentation
5. World changes:
* Add Dyer's Guild to Bucket City
* Add schem pair and documentation for Dyer's Guild
* Update the Bucket City map
6. Other changes:
* Disable another Irrlicht warning message
1. Core engine changes:
* Add auto-jump feature. Enabled by default.
* Add pitch-fly / pitch-swim. Toggled by the "L" key.
* Other bug fixes and tweaks
2. "_game" changes:
* "moreblocks": Lighting bug fix. See note below.
* "nether": Don't convert existing stairs
"moreblocks" slabs made out of default nodes no longer propagate sunlight unless they're transparent.
3. Site changes:
* Add a separate "CoderEdit" page
* Add Bucket City schems ZIP file to Downloads
* Add Bucket City Schems 04 page
* Improve smartphone support
4. World and other changes:
* Update Bucket City map
* Update "schems" directory in Bucket City
* Disable Irrlicht "interlace" warning message
* Fix Windows MT "shaders" support
1. "_game" changes:
ambience: Add mod (see notes below)
castle_masonry: Add support for more mods
facade: Simplify new code
mychisel: Add mod
"ambience" is enabled by default. To disable it, use the following config-file setting:
disable_ambience = true
2. Core-engine changes:
* Add several bug fixes from Old Minetest
* Disable non-fixable warning about "suitable paramtype2"
1. "_game" changes:
codermobs: Reduce loading verbosity
decorpack: Reduce loading verbosity
default: Add "desert_sandstone"
default: Fix "cold desert" biome parameters
facade: Add support for more mods suggested by CaptPete
fortune: Add mod
nether: Add a fork (see notes below)
ocblocks: Register a few nodes with "pkarcs"
pkarcs: Fix some warnings
technic: Fix some warnings
The Bucket Game version of "nether" provides "nether" materials and also live-portal code, but the latter is disabled unless the following config-file setting is used:
enable_nether_portal = true
This is a fork of Poikilos's fork of upstream.
2. Site changes:
* Added "Minetest Changes" page
* Switched to pseudo-3D nav-buttons
1. "_game" changes:
codermobs: Add cacodemon
darkage: Support pkarcs
decoblocs: Support pkarcs
facade: Don't register bricks for nodes lacking them
flowerpot: Skip some non-existent plants
lapis: Support pkarcs
moreblocks: Support pkarcs
pkarcs: Update mod
quartz: Support pkarcs
xdecor: Support pkarcs. Also update mod.
2. World changes:
* Updated Bucket City to latest map.
1. Build-kit changes:
* The Linux build kit now supports a build-git mode in addition to the default build-kit mode. See "linux-build-kit.txt".
2. Added these Lua API calls to the core engine:
These additions should improve compatibility with newer mods.
3. Basic "mod" changes:
compost: Updated. Added meta-info.
flowerpot: Updated. Added meta-info. Patched to be portable.
hopper: Added. Added meta-info.
pkarcs: Added. Added meta-info.
ehlphabet: Added git history and meta-info.
facade: Updated. Merged CaptPete changes.
4. Other "_game" changes:
* CoderEdit now allows you to turn off some of the information messages that it produces by default. To do so, use this "world.conf" setting:
disable_coderedit_verbose = true
* A minor bug in CoderEdit has been corrected.
* By default, "default:apple" is now disabled. It's superseded by CoderApple (coderfruit:apple).
Note: Since "default:apple" is a node and "coderfruit:apple" is a craftitem, the 1st can't be fully replaced by an alias to the 2nd. So, the 1st is turned off entirely so as to avoid Node Resolver error messages.
If you don't wish to use CoderFruit, or you wish to retain "default:apple" regardless, use this "world.conf" setting:
enable_default_apple = true
* A player falling-damage sound has been added. Thanks to Slopsbucket for selection of the sound.
1. Site change: Set up a P2P Minetest server list. It can't be taken down by any single party.