Free Minetest hosting:
Is your Raspberry Pi too slow? Would you like to have a Minetest world online? No fiddling with port forwarding or VPSes?
Would loads of hardware, free support, and a monthly charge of zero dollars work?
Here are the parameters:
* Cost per month: Zero. Cost for the premium plan: Zero. Cost for the platinum plan: Zero. Actually, all of the plans are platinum.
* RAM: 32GB. Maximum disk space: 20GB. Or 40GB for worlds that call for it.
* DNS: Free. We'll even give important worlds their own subdomains.
* IRC: Your world is connected to an IRC channel
* Discord: We'll throw in a Discord channel just to show off
* Server software: Final Minetest
* Modset for new worlds: Bucket Game
* Modset for existing worlds: We might agree to host your modset
* Modding: If you're tech inclined, we'll teach you to mod
* Forum for your world: Yes (for a sample forum, click here)
* World lasts forever: Yes. All good worlds will be distributed. Even after the servers die, the worlds will live on.
* Download snapshots of your world: Yes
In short, there's no better deal on the planet. Minetest Hosting would be hard-pressed to match it.
Are there catches? Sure, lots of them.
We're so generous that we're practically giving the store away. However, there are rules:
* We don't take everybody. Just promising worlds and/or builders.
* You must know or learn IRC. No exceptions.
* You must spend time in your world's IRC channel. No exceptions.
* If you're inactive, your world gets turned into a museum
* If you can't keep fighting under control, your world gets turned into a museum
* Your maps and mods become part of Creative Commons
* You can't be under age 13 unless your parents represent you
* If you don't have a world to offer, you must prove you can build
* Must write good English (it doesn't need to be your native language)
Interested? Do one of two things:
* Set up IRC and get to irc.oldcoder.org #minetest (or)
* Send email to [email protected]